Saturday, May 4, 2013

Vintage Tea Towel Pillow

 
When I was in Virginia, I found this cute tea towel at the Arlington Flea Market.  I loved it because it had the same design stitched on both ends - now I can make 2 pillows!  I thought it would make a darling pillow!  You can do this with any vintage linen.  
 
 
Cut the image how you want.  Mine was an 11" square.
 Next, cut (2) 2" strips x WOF for the first border.  Sew the pieces: sides first, press, then top and bottom, press.

 For the 2nd border, cut (2) 3 1/2 inch strips.  Follow the same process, sew the sides, press, sew the top and bottom, press.
 I love it!  I was tempted to turn it into a mini quilt :)
 Finish how you would normally finish a pillow.  Can you guess how I finished mine?  Invisible Zipper!  I am a pro now!!
 I love the embroidery work.  And I love that I didn't have to do it!!




Amanda

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea! And can I just say that your blog name is priceless...maybe my favorite one EVER!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous ... I have some embroidery my mom did on table runners, I may have to look into this - thanks for sharing. I've added you to my side bar so I can keep up with all your great craft ideas. Mary

    ReplyDelete