Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Vintage Sheet Peasant Dress

I am participating in "The Easiest Sew-Along Ever" over at Windsor & Main.  This dress is my project.  It began with a big box of vintage sheets. 

 I narrowed it down to a pink set of sheets.  I bought these at a thrift store in Virginia when I was out there for spring break.  I love them!  The fabric is so soft.  I also had this pillow case with embroidered kitties on it.  The pillowcase had stains on it.  I decided to make a little apron for the dress using the kitties.
 
The apron is attached to the dress.  I also added some crochet lace to the hem of the dress.  The tie of the dress is made using a white sheet.  This dress is 100% upcycled!!!  I love it!

 
 


Amanda

6 comments:

  1. That's too cute! I have a few vintage sheets here still in the wrappers from our grandmother's homes. I need to break them out and make dresses for my granddaughters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so darling!! I love the "fabric" and the little apron is just too cute. If you get a chance, please share this on my linky party: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/05/sunday-link-party-8.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up! Hope to see more from you on the next party.

      Delete
  3. Your dress came out adorable! Love that it was all up cycled :)

    ReplyDelete