Friday, April 18, 2014

Day #13, Jesus Christ, My Savior


Hi!  It's Melanie from LDS Handouts.  I started my blog so I could share my handouts I was making for Young Women with others. Since then, it has expanded to a whole bunch of different free handouts. I live in Idaho with my awesome husband and 4 children, ages 11, 8, 5, and 2.  I'm excited to share another lesson with you!!


Jesus Christ, My Savior
Attention activity:  Spread the letters around the room and have your family find them and spell out the word Savior. Ask them what a Savior is and why we might need someone to save us. (Handouts are 4x6 inches)









Lesson: 
We needed a Savior because Heavenly Father knew that when we came to Earth we would sin. When we sin and don't repent, we cannot live with Heavenly Father again. We needed someone to save us so we can live with Heavenly Father again. Jesus volunteered to be our Savior and come to Earth and teach us, atone for our sins, and be crucified so we can live with Heavenly Father again.

Cut this picture into puzzle pieces. (Picture is 8x10 inches)

On each piece, write a way that Jesus helped save us. These can include:
He went through the Atonement and saved us from our sins.
He was crucified and died to save us from death.
He taught us about the Sacrament.
He was a perfect example.
He taught us to be kind.
He taught us to serve.
He taught us to repent.
He taught us to forgive.

Put the puzzle together and talk about each way Jesus saves us.

Handout:
Print this handout to add to your journal or hang up.

 For another fun activity, write your testimonies down and bury in a bag or seal in an envelop and open again next Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment