Monday, April 29, 2013

Placemat Pillow

This is the easiest way to make a pillow - EVER!  You can time it - it's about 10 minutes.  There are lots of examples all over the internet - just Google "Placemat Pillow."  I love this turquoise one from A Pumpkin and a Princess.  The rosette added to the pillow is darling.



Here is how you make your own.  Get a placemat.  I bought this one at Kohls.  They have a pretty good selection of placemats.  I always see random placemats for sale and now I know what to do with them!  Snatch them up as you find them!
 Get your seem ripper and rip about a 4" section of the seam - enough to get your hand in.


 Using your favorite fiber-fill, stuff the opening until it is the desired fluffiness.
 Pin the opening closed and sew along the edge of the pillow.  My placemat had a double seam, so I sewed 2 seams.
 Done!  This placemat was kind of a stiff-durable fabric.  Not the kind of pillow I would want to watch TV with, but perfect for my bench on my porch!


Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! Looks like you spent a fortune on the fabric at JoAnn's! Easy, cheap, and fast - my kind of project :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda
    So happy to have found your blog:) Wow..what an awesome idea for a pillow. I really like that it involves little to almost no sewing. Thanks for sharing. I just recently did a post on my blog about making a pillow out of a kitchen towel. Your pillow is so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete