Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Red Hot Popcorn


I thought this would be fun to make for the Valentine's Day school party. It is super yummy! Here is the recipe (I have changed slightly from others on the Internet)

Popped popcorn - I used my hot air popper and popped 2/3 cup and then another 2/3 cup. I have no idea how many quarts this is. It filled up my roasting pan.

Lightly butter your roasting pan and place popped corn in pan. Heat oven to 250 degrees.

1 cup butter
1/2 cup Karo syrup
1/4 cup sugar
10 to 12 ounces red hots ( I guessed because my bag was a 14-ounce bag)
1/4 tsp. salt

Melt the above ingredients on the stove top. Bring to boil and boil for 5 minutes. (My red hots took a long time to dissolve almost until the 5 minutes was up.) Turn off the heat and add 1/2 tsp. baking soda. Stir well. Pour the molten hot mixture over the popped corn and toss to coat. Place in the oven for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes. Yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment