Monday, January 21, 2013

ABC Baby Quilt



My friend had her baby 7 weeks early.  They are now doing well and are home.  I made little Max this baby quilt.  I had planned to make more of a pieced quilt but when I went to the fabric store I fell in love whit this alphabet panel.  The colors are darling and the animals are cuter than any other I've seen!  It's called "Aldo to Zippy" by P&B.


 I cut the panel out then sewed a 2" white border, a 4 1/2" polka dot boarder, and a 1 1/2" orange boarder. (those are the cut sizes)  It's bound with turquoise polka dot fabric.

Here are a few close ups of my favorite animals:




 The back is soft grey flannel with a strip of the coordinating fabric. 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful alphabet quilt! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so adorable -- I'm going to have to keep reminding myself that my kids are too old for an alphabet quilt and the last thing I need is more fabric! But it's got a jellyfish....and octopus...and alligator....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling and I love the colors. Amazing. Thanks for sharing at my party.
    Hugs,
    Marcie
    I Gotta Try That

    ReplyDelete