Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pillow Shams for the Rapunzel Room

 I Decorated Sally's Room over a year ago with a Rapunzel theme.  I have wanted to make these pillow shams for the past year - and I finally got to it.  What motivated me?  Sally was trying to cut the fabric up & sew them herself!  Yikes - she's only 4!
 I love how they turned out.  I didn't want them super "piecy" because I love this fabric so much.  I did spend a lot of time with all the quilting.  The center is quilted in 1 inch lines diaoglally criss-croseed.
The top is pretty much a quilt with binding and everything - it just happend to have a pocket on the back where the pillows insert.  Now I am off to find the floating lanterns and hopefully Flynn Rider :)









1 comment:

  1. What beautiful pillow shams! I agree, you would not want them too piecey - that fabric is too pretty! Life to the full, Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

    ReplyDelete