I made these jars a few years ago. I have been asked a few questions about the process, so here is a more detailed set of instructions.
jars, craft paint, white school glue, vinyl motifs
1. Collect glass jars - any kind: pickle, relish, molasses, spaghetti sauce, etc. Mason jars can work - but it's nice to have a smooth surface for the vinyl to adhear.
2. Remove all labels, wash & dry the jars
3. Put a fair amount of glue into a paper bowl and add some paint. I didn't measure - but it's more glue than paint. You are just trying to tint the glue.
4. Start painting the inside of the jars. You can be real precise and get the glue/paint even, or I like to make it look drippy and spooky!!
5. Let the jars dry
6. I cut out trees, pumpkins, bats, spiders, etc. on my cricut. If you don't have access to a cutting machine, I have seen black Halloween silhouettes at the Dollar Tree you could Mod Podge to the outside
7. I put real candles in my jars. If you are worried about flamibility, you can use battery lights or even twinkle lights.
Hope this helps! Happy Crafting!!